Who We Are…
The Broward Victims Rights Coalition was established by Victim Service Professionals in May 1991. We are made up of Service Providers, Businesses, Law Enforcement Professionals and Various State, Federal and Local Administrators, and victims of crime, as well. We are all dedicated to helping the lives of victims of crime.
What We Do…
The coalition was established in 1991 in order to network with other victim service providers, enhance public awareness about rights and needs of victims, encourage participation of citizens in Victim Service programs, serve as a source of technical support for victim related workshops and advocate on behalf of crime victims.
Crime affects victims, their families and loved ones, physically, financially, and emotionally. Membership enables one to join with others to assist crime victims and promote greater public awareness about crime victims and their needs.
Who Should Join…
- Victims of Crime
- Service Providers such as victim advocates, domestic violence and sexual assault crisis counselors and child advocates
- Businesses and corporations concerned about the aftermath of crime or their employees
- Law Enforcement (local, state and federal)
- Criminal Justice Managers
- Court Administration
- Self-Help Organizations such as Mothers Against Drunk Drivers (MADD), and Parents of Murdered Children (POMC)
- School Board Administration
- Individuals concerned about victim rights
- Funeral Home Directors
- Psychologists and Mental Health Counselors